Home > Short Courses
Short Course Learning Skills
Short Course about Learning Skills
This 20-hour course begins by explaining how people learn then continues to show you practical ways that learning can be improved.
People do not all learn the same way. Some are more sensory than others, and some are information processors, while others are information collectors. When you understand learning and the type of learner you are; you are then able to approach learning in a more effective way. This course helps you to that understanding.
Many people spend a significant part of their life studying, in their youth and often well into adulthood. Parents devote a lot of their time pondering decisions about their children’s education and study, and perhaps even more time either directly or indirectly trying to facilitate better study habits and opportunities for their children.
Our 20 hour courses are self paced and will help you understand a topic in a short amount of time. You can work through the course when you like- test yourself with mini-tests along the way. There are extra case studies or research you can undertake if you would really like to get into the topic. Once you have completed the lessons and self assessment tasks, there is a final exam undertaken online- you can then download your personalised certificate.
Lesson 1 HOW PEOPLE LEARN
- Gaining Knowledge
- Applying Established Theories in Teaching and Learning
- Why Do We Need to Know People’s Learning Styles?
Lesson 2 WHAT TO LEARN
- Knowing What to Avoid
- Be Aware of What You Learn
- Valuable Attributes to Learn
- Choosing a Child’s School
- Choosing a College or University Course
- Trends in Education
- Distance Education and Changes in the World
- Making the Choice to Study
Lesson 3 WHY LEARN
- The Importance of Learning in Children
- Middle Childhood and Learning
- A Good Foundation is Very Important
- Motivation Helps us Learn
Lesson 4 HOW TO LEARN SUCCESSFULLY
- More Tips for Learning
- Different Learning for Different People
- Setting Effective Learning Goals
- Develop Good Study Habits
- Time Management
- Different Methods of Learning for Top Results
- Methods of Studying (Learning Systems)
- Memory Tips
- Tips for Writing and Essays
- Reading Text Books Effectively
- Taking notes
- Preparing for Exams
- What Is Motivation?
- Understanding motivation
- Get Started!
How does this course work?
You can enrol at any time.
Once you have paid for the course, you will be able to start straight away.
Study when and where you like. Work through at your own pace.
You can download your study-guide to your smart phone, tablet or laptop to read offline.
There are automated self-assessment tests you can complete at the end of each lesson. You can attempt these as many times as you wish and each time, upon completion, you can see your results. You will need internet access to complete the self assessment tests.
At the end of the course, you are presented with a large assessment which can be attempted online, anywhere, anytime. If you achieve a 60% pass in the exam; you immediately receive a downloadable certificate of completion with your name on it. If you do not achieve a 60% pass rate, you can contact us to re-sit your exam ( email- [email protected] )
Contact us at anytime if you have any issues with the course. [email protected]
Write a Review
Please ensure you are logged in to write a review.
Short Course Learning Skills